Wednesday, 29 July 2015

WHAT'S INSIDE MY NAIL BAG



OPI PROFESSIONAL NAIL FILE EDGE 240 GRIT

 Having a good nail file is a necessity for me and this one from OPI is my go to. Its 240 grit makes it gentle enough to use on the natural nail, whilst still being able to shape the nail and remove any length if needed. Using anything coarser than 240 on the natural nail could cause damage to the nail plate and nail. I picked this file up from Amazon for around £5. 

SALLY HANSEN NAIL MOISTURISING POLISH REMOVER

I constantly run the risk of drying out my nails as I am always removing my nail polish in order to re apply. This moisturising polish remover by Sally Hansen has been a recent favourite of mine and I try to pick it up when its on offer in Superdrug or Boots. It contains Vitamin E and Aloe Vera which prevents the cuticle and nail drying out and is great at removing my polish effortlessly without the need for scrubbing.  

SALLY HANSEN INSTANT CUTICLE REMOVER

This cuticle remover seems to have lasted for ages. I apply a small blob of this to each nail to help take care of my cuticles, although I only use this every couple of weeks as it can dry out the nail. After applying I find it dissolves any dry skin around the nail and makes the skin soft in order to push back my cuticles. 

NAIL CLIPPERS AND METAL CUTICLE PUSHER

I always have nail clippers on standby for when the toes need a cutting, but will rarely use these to cut my fingernails and instead use a nail file. When it comes to pushing back my cuticles more often than not I will use a orange wood stick wrapped in cotton wool. However, I find a metal cuticle pusher gives that extra help to push back those stubborn cuticles. 

NAILS INC SUPERFOOD BASE COAT

This a new discovery for me this year and has been a great alternative to using my OPI Nail Envy as a base coat. This acts both as a base coat and a nail treatment as it contains Kale extracts which helps to strengthen the nail and encourage growth. I find this creates a nice even base and dries quickly enough so I can apply my polish. 

NAILS INC VITAMIN E CUTICLE OIL PEN

Just like hand cream I try and apply cuticle oil a few times a day. I discovered this after getting back into using Nails Inc nail polishes and not only does this help stop the cuticles drying out I also find it helps speed up the drying time of my polish. Unlike some cuticle oils that can take forever to sink in I find this dries within a couple of minutes and does not leave you with greasy hands.  

SALLY HANSEN HEALTHY CUTICLES NOW!

Along with cuticle oil this is another step I use to help keep my cuticles moisturised. I apply a blob of this to each nail after pushing back my cuticles and leave it to sink in for a couple of minutes, using it like a mask .

SECHE VITE DRY FAST TOP COAT

I have probably mentioned this about 1000 times on here, but for me it really is one of the best top coats. Once I have painted my nails I apply a coat of this and within around 5 minutes my nails feel dry, like properly dry. This gives a lovely glossy finish and helps to extend the wear of my polish. 

ORANGE WOOD STICKS

I would be lost if I didn't have supply of these. I usually order a pack of 100 for £1 from Amazon or Ebay to keep me stocked up. These Orange wood sticks have so many uses when it comes to nails that they are a definite necessity. I use them for cuticle work, nail art and even tidying up around my nails with nail polish remover. 

What's inside your nail bag ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.