Thursday, 28 May 2015

NAIL OF THE DAY - PASTEL MANICURE // BARRY M GELLY HI SHINE





I do love a bit of pastel come Spring, especially on the nails. Two of my current favourite pastel polishes are from the Gelly Hi Shine Range by Barry M and are in the colours Fondant and Sky Blue. This range is a cult favourite of mine and I can guarantee that if I pop into Superdrug or Boots I will most likely always come out with a new paint, they just have too many nice shades to choose from.

To start off these nails I firstly applied a coat of my Nails Inc Nail Kale Base Coat, after chipping my middle nail a few weeks ago *world ends* this base coat really helped to quickly build it back up to a decent length. Once the base was fully dry I applied a piece of striping tape down the middle of each nail and applied around two coats of each polish to each side. My only warning with the Gelly Hi Shine Paints is to go thinly on the coats, I have found that with a lot of the gel-like polishes they are super thick in consistency and if applied in one thick coat it ends up making the polish bubble, so a few thin coats are better. Once my nails were fully dry I removed the striping tape and replaced it with fresh tape to give it a pop. As always, I finished these nails by sealing it all down with a coat of my trusty Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat.  

WHAT I USED

Nails Inc // Nail Kale Base Coat
Barry M Gelly Hi Shine // Sugar Apple
Barry M Gelly Hi Shine // Fondant 
Bronze Gold Striping Tape 
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat 

What are your favourite pastel polishes ? Any recommendations ? 

2 comments:

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.