Sunday, 10 May 2015

MAY 2015 COLORISTIQ BOX - OPI // MORGAN TAYLOR // ESSIE

When I first heard about Coloristiq I was excited to finally have found a subscription service that was suited to me. For those of you scratching your head at what Coloristiq is then let me explain. Coloristiq is a UK Nail Rental Subscription Service that delivers three polishes to your door each month. Choosing from great nail brands and latest collections you create a wish list of all the colours you would like to receive. Each month Coloristiq will then send you three colours randomly picked from your wish list to try for a month.

In my May box this month I received three great colours from OPI, Morgan Taylor, and Essie, all of which I think are perfect for this Summer/Spring, so if you are on the hunt for that perfect beach shade then these might just help to give you some ideas.  


Morgan Taylor // Color Me Bold

It was my first Coloristiq box in January that welcomed me to the world of Morgan Taylor polishes and ever since then I have been a fan girl of the range. 'Color Me Bold' is a beautiful cream coral polish that is a perfect poolside shade for this Spring/Summer. The polish itself is quite thick in formula which I love as it takes no time at all to build up to a full colour. If you haven't tried any Morgan Taylor polishes then you should definitely add some to your wish list. 


O.P.I // Suzi Has A Swede Tooth
  
When I opened my box this was one of the first colours that jumped out at me. 'Suzi Has A Swede Tooth' is a bubblegum, Barbie-esque cream pink that was taken from the OPI Nordic collection for Autumn/Winter 2014. I love the brushes on these polishes, one coat covered the majority of the nail making the application neat. In between coats I found the drying time to be quick. When a polish has a thick formula I always like to try and leave a good amount of time before re applying as this is when bubbles can form. I think this colour would look great worn against dark clothing for an extra pop of colour. 


Essie // Style Hunter

Style Hunter is from Essie's 2014 Spring Collection, Hide and Go Chic. The polish is a Crimson colour, like a bright red with a shot of pink added into it. I thought this polish might take me a good few coats to get an opaque finish as I found the formula to be quite thin, but after two coats I was happy with the end result. For someone who is always drawn to pastels at this time of year I still like a pop of colour and think this would make for a great pedicure colour this Summer. 

What polishes have you received in your May Coloristiq box ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.