Wednesday, 8 April 2015

NAIL OF THE DAY - BARRY M BALLERINA & ESSIE PENNY TALK


For today's post I wanted to share with you all my nails for this week. A new take on the classic French Manicure has been proving popular recently so I decided to give it a go, with the idea being the same you just switch up the colours from the standard pale pink base and white tip. There are so many great polishes that would work well together, though in the end I opted for the Barry M Nail Paint in Ballerina for the base colour, and Essie Penny Talk for the tip.

Barry M's Ballerina made me fall back in love with their original Nail Paint line as prior to this I always used to buy the Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints. The colour is a great everyday pink that can be worn all year round and goes perfect with Essie's Penny Talk, which is from their Mirror Metallic Summer 2012 Collection. Metallics have a quicker drying time than regular polishes which works well for a tip colour as it goes on thinly and leaves you with no thick gloopy line. 

I finished these nails with a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat which seals it all in perfectly without dragging or merging the two paints together.I am looking forward to trying this again but switching it up with some pastel colours, I think this would look great for the Summer. 



Nail Polishes Used

What are you wearing on your nails this week ?

2 comments:

  1. These nails are gorgeous!x
    http://adelicateobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.