Monday, 26 January 2015

ESSENCE NAIL ART TATTOO PEN



I wanted to share with you today my latest nail find from essence which is their nail art and tattoo pen. I am quite a fan of these types of pens and find them easier to use than the nib style. I am not sure if I am late to the party in discovering this but it was through essence’s Instagram page a few weeks ago that I came across this. It was a picture of a set of amazing cuticle tattoos that sold this to me as it was this pen they had used to create them. Eager to try and interested to see how the whole tattoo side of the pen worked I straight away placed an order through Wilko’s UK website were the pen is currently retailing for £2.


The pen can be used both on the nail and skin to create cuticle tattoos. I tested the pen on both and one thing I noticed was the ink seemed to dry quickly which was a positive as sometimes when inks stay wet I find I am more likely to make smudges. Another advantage was that I found it had good staying power, when applied to my skin I found I had to give it a scrub to remove it and it took nail polish remover to remove it on my nail. 

Before using the pen you need to give it a good shake and then press down the nib a few times to allow the ink to come out, just don’t go overboard on the pressing down like I did or you will end up with a big blob.When storing I found it best to keep it stood up to help prevent the ink drying out. So far on first impressions I am pleased and looking forward to using it more, I love the fact it feels like your using an everyday writing pen. 

What are your favourite products from essence? 

TWITTER//INSTAGRAM//BLOGLOVIN

2 comments:

  1. this looks like a amazing product which I need haha. going to check it out in the stores tomorrow :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love reading your blog so i've added a link to your blog on my blogroll! Take a look, perhaps you could add me to yours? xxx
    www.jellybeanbeauty-28.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.