Tuesday, 1 April 2014

MARCH NAIL FAVOURITES

So far March has been one of my favourite months for nails, we are finally into spring, and are now saying hello to pastels and bright neon colours. The autumn nail colours have been put away, and I have introduced a whole lotta colour to my nail rack. March has also seen the launch of some new and exciting nail collections for spring/summer, a few of my favourites have been the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine pastel colours, and the Revlon Parfumerie scented polish. I have loved what I have been wearing on my nails, and it’s been nice to step away from the dark polishes, and give the nails some life with a pop of colour. I thought I would share with you what I have been sporting through out the month of March, and hopefully introduce you to some colours for your spring/summer collection. 

BARRY M GELLY HI SHINE - PAPAYA - £3.99 - Boots/Superdrug


  A firm favourite brand of mine, especially the Gelly Hi Shine range, which is Barry M's take on the gel effect polishes. This colour jumped out at me when I went in to search for their new pastel range, and I wore this on my nails at the beginning of the month during my Birthday weekend. Papaya is a gorgeous cream coral and is the perfect colour for Spring/Summertime, two coats of this and you are good to go. The polish gives a lovely glossy finish and if you was in a rush you could easily get away without having to use a top coat, although I finished this with coat of my trusty OPI Nail Envy just to fix it in place.                                                                                                                                                                                          
DEBORAH LIPPMANN - LA VIE EN ROSE LIMITED EDITION - £16.00 - lookfantastic.com


I came across this little beauty when checking out E News Mani Cam from the night of the Oscars, at the beginning of March. The Mani Cam is a mini red carpet for the stars to walk their nails down, and lets us nailaholics see a good close up, it was Lupita Nyong'o who's nails sold this polish to me. After some tinternet searching I discovered it was Deborah Lippmann who worked her magic on the nails, with her limited edition polish in La Vie En Rose from the Spring Reveries Range. The polish is a beautiful pale pink nude, almost white except it has a lovely pink shimmer running through it, and looks gorgeous when it catches the light. Deborah Lippmann's polishes are packed with lots of good stuff for the nails, and after removal of this polish my nails did feel strong, like they had been treated.

REVLON PARFUMERIE SCENTED NAIL ENAMELGinger Melon - £6.49 - Boots


This was a polish that I could not wait to get my hands on, and when I eventually did I was not disappointed. When I first saw the polishes it was the bottle design I loved, it has an old fashion feel to it, kind of reminds me of how nail polish would have looked back in the day. It was typical that when these polishes launched my local Boots did not stock them, however I hunted them down and ended up picking the polish in Ginger Melon. This is a beautiful fuchsia pink and again is a great colour for this time of year, the polish has a nice brush making the application quite easy, two coats and I had a wearable colour. I found the drying time to be quite speedy also .. Bonus. I love the whole scent idea, Ginger Melon is classed as an exotic fruity scent, it smells to me like the Tooty Frootie sweets, and it was nice to get whiffs of this when painting, instead of the usual typical potent nail varnish smell.
I love everything about these polishes, the packaging, colours, and the scent, I cant wait to add more to my collection.

What have been your favourite nail collections, and colours for the month of March? Any suggestions on polishes for spring/summer?

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors, I can't wait to try the Revlon scented range :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-D The Revlon polishes are fab !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, dear)
    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with that papaya colour, definitely going to buy it !

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im obsessed with Barry M (http://bit.ly/1uBxd19) but that La Vie En Rose colour is beautiful!

    www.hannahpacha.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog Hannah :-D
    I <3 Barry M they have so many nice colours, I am always stuck for choice lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the white polish!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by :-D Its a fab colour isn't it !! xoxo

      Delete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.