Saturday, 1 March 2014

HOW TO GET NEAT POLISHED NAILS

There is nothing more frustrating than painting your nails on the left hand neatly and then looking at your right hand and thinking ... Oh crap! How do I match this up ? Just like eyebrows, eyeliner and hair there is always one awkward side we all dread doing. Since becoming a bit of a nail addict I have discovered my own little tricks that have helped me to perfect that dreaded right hand paint. I hope that by sharing these tricks it will help some of you out there who share this same frustration.

AVOID BLOBBING

When I first started to paint my nails I used to carelessly slap on the polish and basically hope for the best. I have since learnt the importance of wiping the brush of excess polish before painting. It is safer to start with a few sheer coats and build it up as blobbing on the paint will straightaway flood the cuticle, and most likely go on to the skin, resulting in a messy finish.


PAINT IN STRIPES

Something I have only recently started doing but it is one of the biggest tips I could give you. To do this firstly you need to paint one stripe up the centre of the nail, and then paint either side of the nail. I know this might sound longer than quickly slapping on the paint, but believe me you will see neater results if you start painting this way.


CUTICLE STICKS

If any of the above fails you then I would suggest on stocking up on these. You can use these sticks once you have finished painting to go around the nail and tidy up/remove any mistakes. Just wrap some cotton wool around the cuticle stick and dip in nail varnish remover. This will help to give you a neat manicured finish.


And there you have it perfectly neat polish on the awkward right hand.
The polish I have used in this blog post is the Bourjois 1 Second Texture Gel in the colour Blue No Blues (£5.99) HERE



5 comments:

  1. I really love your blog! It's so professional, why don't you have more followers?

    Your posts have such great content! Have you had any previous experience?

    Mind giving me a follow? Ive followed you!

    www.anjis-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii,
      Thank You very much for the lovely comment !!
      This is my first blog, only been blogging a few weeks but enjoying it so far !
      Have gave you a follow also :-)
      xo

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and I love it! New follower over here :) xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips :) I love that colour! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I am always awful at painting my nails, I will try this out!
    I am currently running a giveaway if you'd like to enter - http://www.a-beautifulsecret.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/100-follower-giveaway.html

    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.